Oxycontin Detox Vs Heroin Addiction
NOVUS MEDICAL DETOX CENTERS, LLC
OxyContin Detox Today Will Keep Teen Addicts Off Cheaper, Dirtier Street Heroin Tomorrow
OxyContin, the notoriously addictive and deadly narcotic painkiller, is not just leading American youths into OxyContin addiction, but is now reported to be a "gateway drug" to the much cheaper street heroin and all the dangerous crime and degradation that goes with it.
In the past few years, the abuse of oxycodone, the active narcotic ingredient in OxyContin, has risen 152 percent. Among people younger than 21, its abuse has increased on a much steeper curve than among older Americans. In Florida, for example, oxycodone killed more people in 2009 than ever before.
Studies are finding that more than one in five high school students have abused OxyContin, Percocet, Vicodin or Xanax without a doctor's prescription. And the highest prevalence is among white kids from affluent neighborhoods, far removed from street heroin.
But OxyContin can cost as much as $1 or more per milligram, while street heroin is far less expensive. When a teenager without a job, even with moderately affluent parents, develops a serious OxyContin addiction, they can no longer afford to support it. The new solution, say law enforcement officials, is to cruise the downtown drug corners where cheap heroin is available to anyone, even children, with a few dollars.
OxyContin abuse is acknowledged to represent a constant threat of overdose death. This is because OxyContin is a "time release" painkiller, intended to slowly release its payload of the narcotic oxycodone into a person's system over a period of hours.
But serious OxyContin abusers crush the pill and snort it, or dissolve it and shoot it up, all at once. The result is instant delivery of a potentially fatal amount of oxycodone, especially for the uninitiated, the sensitive, or the foolish person who combined it with alcohol or another drug.
Find out how OxyContin detox at Florida's Novus Medical Detox Center opens the door to a new life.
CALL Novus NOW
OxyContin addiction vs. Heroin addiction – Which is worse?
With high school kids in ever growing numbers abusing OxyContin, and combining it with Xanax and alcohol as part of the "fun", deaths among teenagers from permanently shutting down their central nervous systems has never been more prevalent.
With such bad news surrounding OxyContin, one might ask why we should worry about heroin. Aren't things bad enough?
OxyContin is basically legal heroin anyway, and has been called "hillbilly heroin" for years in the Appalachian region. Its active ingredient, oxycodone, is so similar to heroin chemically that many heroin addicts happily switch back and forth between the two.
But heroin brings its own deadly set of dangers for teenagers. Here are eight good reasons to enter an OxyContin detox program right now if you are dependent or addicted, and to not even think about trying heroin:
- Heroin is not carefully manufactured in a pharmaceutical lab to exacting specifications, and never reaches the streets in a truly pure form. High school kids who abuse OxyContin can never know what to expect in a bag of street heroin.
- Heroin carries all sorts of impurities, either residuals from the manufacturing process, or chemicals used to dilute it if it's been "cut", or both. Sometimes, and more often than not, these additional substances are toxic to some degree.
- An unknown allergy can be suddenly deadly. Who could know that an OxyContin detox done today would prevent a tragic death from deadly anaphylactic (hypersensitivity) shock due to an obscure allergy?
- Today's bag of heroin is almost never the same strength as yesterday's or last week's. Teenagers from the "burbs" don't hang out with the street junkies who've already tried this week's batch. The pushers aren't going to tell them either. An unexpected purity can kill an unprepared high school addict from overdose almost immediately.
- Whereas the OxyContin / prescription drug crowd at school share pills and beers and a few laughs on the weekends, OxyContin-addicted teenagers who drive downtown to get heroin on Friday night soon find they are becoming members of a very different and unsavory group of people. There is no good future with that group of people.
- The cops aren't staked out watching Granny's forgotten stash of OxyContin or the Saturday night pill party. But they sure could be watching that heroin dealer's corner. No parent wants to get that late-night call saying their son or daughter was busted buying street drugs and have to come get him or her out of jail in the morning.
- Unless they are millionaires or trust-fund babies, drug addicts become thieves. They steal everything they can get their hands on to sell and support their habit. They lie, cheat and steal as a way of life. An OxyContin detox program done soon enough will avoid that heartbreaking future.
- Heroin almost always progresses from snorting to needles. And needles have a way of finding their way into the bodies of other people, and back again. If the heroin doesn't kill the unwary teenager, a shortened life battling hepatitis or AIDS can be expected.
Early OxyContin detox can avoid the later misery of heroin
The bottom line is this: Teens who switch from OxyContin to heroin are far less prepared for the consequences than someone who grew up in the projects. Teens are too often tragically overwhelmed by that world, and cannot survive it. It's a no-brainer to recommend an OxyContin detox program now before it progresses to heroin, or worse, death. Novus Medical Detox Center offers the most advanced OxyContin detox protocols available. OxyContin detox at Novus helps make the withdrawal process more comfortable and more easily completed than you can imagine—one of the main reasons Florida's premiere OxyContin detox program at Novus has attracted clients from all over the country and Canada.
OxyContin addicts of any age or circumstances always have two choices:
- Continue indulging (and accelerating) the OxyContin addiction or
- Call someone to help get you into an OxyContin detox program right now, before it's too late.
The problem is, few addicts can make that call on their own. They need help, and we are here to give it. If you or someone you know has a problem of any kind with OxyContin, with heroin, or with any substance of abuse, please call Novus right now and get the help you need.
OxyContin detox at Florida's Novus Medical Detox Center is far easier to complete than you ever imagined.
CALL Novus Medical Detox NOW
NOTE: This information is provided for general educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute (i) medical advice or counseling, (ii) the practice of medicine, health care diagnosis or treatment, or (iii) the creation of a physician patient or clinical relationship. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem or that this information may be useful to you or others, please consult with your health care provider before applying any information from our articles to your personal situation or to the personal situation of others.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted (C) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.
OxyContin & Heroin Detox & Addiction Resources:
- Read Novus OxyContin Detox Success Stories
- Read Recent Oxycontin Detox News
- Read Novus Detox Heroin Success Stories
- Read Heroin Detox News
- OxyContin Detox & Addiction
- Prescription Drug Detox&Pregancy
- Real OxyContin Detox Solution
- Florida OxyContin Detox Treatment
- Florida OxyContin Detox
- Florida OxyContin Drug Detox
- Florida OxyContin Detox Demand
- Oxycontin Addiction and Detox
- Oxycontin Detox and Addiction
- Oxycontin Abuse, Addiction & Detox
- Oxycontin Addiction->Florida Detox
- Novus Best Detox Choice
- OxyContin Oxycodone Detox
- OxyContin-Remoxy Addiction|Detox
- Florida OxyContin Addiction/Detox
- OxyContin Detox/Heroin Addiction
- OxyContin / Heroin Detox
- OxyContin Addiction/Dependence
- OxyContin Side Effects
- A Story of Addiction
- Florida OxyContin Addiction/Detox
- Cost of OxyContin Addiction
- OxyContin Abuse Epidemic
- OxyContin Drug Abuse
- OxyContin / tramadol addiction
- Why Is OxyContin Legal?
- A 10 Year Old Girl Dies
- Another Celebrity Drug Death
- Ban OxyContin Comments
- OxyContin Addiction - Ban Oxy
- Safer Alternative to Rapid Detox
- OxyContin Facts & Articles