Oxycodone Withdrawal Truth
The Truth About Oxycodone Withdrawal
After a rocky, decades-long love affair with narcotic painkillers, and particularly oxycodone in its myriad forms, Americans are finally waking up to the cold reality of the morning after:
- Whether taken legally for pain or illicitly for pleasure, oxycodone is a fickle and treacherous mistress who will betray your trust.
- Flirting with oxycodone—or any narcotic—too easily leads to dependence, addiction and a life in ruins.
- Oxycodone (and its infamous extended-release sibling OxyContin) is called ‘legal heroin’ because it is chemically almost identical, and just as addictive, just as deadly, and just as hard to kick as heroin.
- Once you’ve entered the world of oxycodone dependence or addiction, the only way home is through the door marked Oxycodone Withdrawal.
- Some brave souls do try to go through that door, but less than 5% ever make it all the way; the rest return to their oxy or whatever narcotics they can get.
- Oxycodone withdrawal is a horrible and painful trip that absolutely no one wants to take, but a trip that everyone knows they have to take if they are ever to regain their lives.
- What’s needed now is an oxycodone detox program that can safely and effectively get people through oxycodone withdrawal and ready for rehab if they need.
Are you or someone you know trapped by Oxcodone Addiction? Call Novus Medical Detox Center Now at:
Recognizing the Many Dangerous Faces of Oxycodone
Oxycodone is often dispensed alone, but it also comes in several disguises:
- If you have a legal prescription, the label will tell you what it is.
- Oxycodone is the main active ingredient in combination drugs that include:
- OxyContin, Roxicodone and OxyIR—oxycodone combined with an inert binder.
- Percodan, Endodan and Roxiprin—oxycodone combined with aspirin.
- Combunox—oxycodone combined with ibuprofen.
- Percocet, Endocet, Tylox and Roxicet—oxycodone combined with acetaminophen (sometimes called paracetamol).
- If you are taking illicit oxycodone and you don’t know where it came from:
- Counterfeit oxycodone from Asia or anywhere else can sicken or kill you because of unknown toxic impurities.
- It can also kill you indirectly because:
- It doesn’t contain as much active oxycodone as it says.
- You take more to get the high or pain relief you crave.
- Now you think you need that new high dose.
- When you get some REAL oxycodone later, you take the new high dose, and you can OVERdose.
Oxycodone Withdrawal—Symptoms And Signs
At Novus Medical Detox Center, we are often asked what the withdrawal experience for a particular drug will be like. Although lists of common withdrawal symptoms are widely available, we can’t accurately answer the question because no two people are alike.
Every human being possesses unique DNA, which means, among other things, that they metabolize (organically process and get rid of) every substance that enters their bodies differently. Two people taking the same dose of the same narcotic might experience withdrawal completely differently. In the case of oxycodone withdrawal, for example, one might feel uncomfortable, while the other goes through hell.
All we can say is that at Novus Medical Detox Center the withdrawal experience is far less traumatic than a cold turkey detox, and is routinely much easier to experience than at most other facilities anywhere in the world.
For what it’s worth, here are some common oxycodone withdrawal symptoms:
Early Signs and Symptoms
- Increased respiratory rate
- Lacrimation (tearing or crying)
- Rhinorrhea (runny nose)
- Piloerection (goosebumps)
- Dilated pupils (larger than normal pupils)
Advanced Signs and Symptoms
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal cramps
- Tachycardia (rapid heartbeat)
- Hypertension (abnormally high blood pressure)
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle and bone pain
Keep in mind that many of these oxycodone withdrawal symptoms are minimized or even eliminated by the medical detox protocol followed at Novus:
About Novus Medical Detox Center
Patients from across America and Canada come to Novus Medical Detox Center in Pasco County, Florida, for a safer, more comfortable withdrawal from oxycodone and all common drugs of abuse.
At Novus, we specialize in helping people successfully recover from physical dependencies and return home drug-free. And if someone is trapped by addiction, we fully prepare them for the rehab they will need to become truly substance-free for life.
If you or someone you care about is taking Oxycodone
CALL Novus Medical Detox Center NOW at
Our counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We can help you arrange a safer, more comfortable medically-supervised Oxycodone detox as the first step toward ending Oxycodone addiction, dependency and abuse.
Oxycodone Detox & Addiction Resources:
- Oxycodone Addiction & Detox
- Oxycodone Addiction in Florida
- Florida Oxycodone Detox
- Florida Oxycodone Detox
- Florida Oxycodone Detox Update
- Florida Oxycodone Pill Mills-Detox
- Florida Roxicodone Detox
- Oxycodone Addiction - Florida
- Oxycodone Detox & Addiction
- OxyContin oxycodone Detox
- Oxycodone OxyContin Detox
- Oxycodone Withdrawal Truth
- Safer Alternative to Rapid Detox
- Oxycodone Facts & Articles