“I was taking 300 — 600mg of methadone daily. Up to 1200 at times along with 10 — 20 mg of Xanax when I entered Novus. All hope was gone, no detox would take me. 14 days after, I leave here drug free and miraculously, my detox was 99% pain free. I leave with hope and full support of my family. Words cannot describe the miracles that I have gone through and witnessed during my stay.”
Please call us BEFORE you start experiencing the pain and anxiety of Methadone Withdrawal.
You don’t have to do it alone and we will time your withdrawal to coincide with your arrival, so you never have to experience the withdrawal symptoms described below.
Novus Medical Detox will get you through a safe, comfortable and complete detox in 7 to 12 days.
Call our Methadone Advisors at
We Consistently Handle Even the Most High Dose Users.
Methadone Withdrawal Symptoms
Why Methadone Withdrawal Has Such Effects
- The long-term use of methadone causes adaptations within the body that lessen the effect of the drug over time.
- This is known as “drug tolerance”.
- Drug tolerance can require ever-increasing doses of methadone to prevent the painful methadone withdrawal symptoms.
- When the methadone dose is increased, the negative effects on the body caused by methadone are increased.
- These negative effects can include:
- Dulling of emotions
- Inability to get refreshing sleep
- Blacking out at times
- Loss of sex drive and interest
- “Cloudy” thinking
- Slower reaction time and increased likelihood of accidents
- Dehydration and inability to properly nourish the body
Methadone Withdrawal More Prolonged
- Methadone withdrawal symptoms can be the most severe of any drug.
- Painful and exhausting methadone withdrawal symptoms can last for several weeks or, at larger doses, for many weeks more.
- Almost no one can complete a methadone withdrawal on their own or even through a methadone clinic.
If you are tired of being a prisoner of methadone, OR AFRAID of the Withdrawal Symptoms or PAIN
Please call us at
Find out how Novus can bring you off methadone in the most comfortable and prompt manner possible.
We consistently handle even the most high dose users.
Methadone Withdrawal at Novus Medical Detox Center
Novus Medical Detox Center:
- Expects the methadone withdrawal to be more comfortable and not difficult.
- Expects even high dose methadone withdrawals to be more comfortable and not difficult.
- Has almost a 100% success rate for methadone withdrawal patients.
- Understands the devastating effects of methadone on the body.
- Provides education on the need for hydration and uses IV treatment to ensure proper hydration so all the cells and organs operate at their highest efficiency.
- Provides education on how methadone depletes nutrients, amino acids and minerals and uses IV treatments and other natural supplements to replenish the nutrients, amino acids and minerals depleted as a side effect of methadone.
- Educates patients as to what methadone has been doing in their body and how the Novus procedures are going to help with their methadone withdrawal.
- Gives patients a private or comfortable shared room.
- Is in a pleasant home-like setting on 3.25 quiet and treed acres.
- Receives rave reviews about how good the food is.
- Uses drugs as needed but also natural supplements.
- Doesn't put you on drugs that you will have to take after you have completed your methadone withdrawal.
- Getting Off Methadone has never been easier!
Methadone Withdrawal at Other Medical Detox Centers
- Most consider it normal that the methadone withdrawal is difficult and uncomfortable.
- Most are used to people leaving because they cannot tolerate the pain.
- Most ignore the devastating effects of methadone on the body.
- Most ignore the issue of hydration, failing to ensure that each of the body's cells, the building blocks that make up the organs, have sufficient fluid to operate most efficiently— like an eight-cylinder car trying to go up a steep hill on four cylinders.
- Most ignore the need to replenish the nutrients, amino acids and minerals depleted as a side effect of methadone.
- Most ignore the importance of educating the person as to what methadone has been doing to them.
- Most put patients in at least a double room where the person experiences not only their methadone withdrawal but also the withdrawal of the other person in the room.
- Most are not located in a pleasant home-like setting.
- Most just use drugs alone.
- Most do not receive any positive comments on their food.
- Most give you other drugs that you will have to take for the rest of your life even after you have completed your detox.
Novus can safely and more comfortably help you through methadone detox.
100% confidential treatment. Calls from friends and family are welcome. Personal cell phones and laptops allowed.
Do you need help with methadone detox? Call Novus now at
Methadone Withdrawal Facts
- Methadone is a narcotic like other opiates and opioids such as:
- Methadone is one of the most highly addictive drugs.
- Users of methadone, like users of other opioids or opiates, become either dependent on or addicted to the drug.
- Users of methadone, like users of other opioids or opiates, become deficient in essential vitamins and minerals which adds to the misery of withdrawal.
- If someone is dependent on methadone, they will experience serious and painful withdrawal symptoms if they just stop taking methadone.
- Most methadone users continue taking the drug not because they get “high” but because they don’t want to experience these painful withdrawal symptoms.
- If someone is addicted to methadone, they will have painful withdrawal symptoms but will also crave the drug because of the way methadone makes them feel.
- Methadone withdrawal pain has been compared to the worst case of the flu, only ten times worse than that.
- Almost no one is able to complete a methadone withdrawal on their own or at a methadone clinic.
- Many methadone users have given up on ever being able to withdraw from methadone. This article explains why.
- Taking methadone for pain can kill you.
If you or someone you love wants to come off methadone, and are afraid of the withdrawal symptoms or pain
Call one of our Admissions Counselors Today at
Find out about our 100% confidential treatment. Calls from friends and family are welcome.
Methadone Detox & Addiction Resources:
- Read Novus Medical Detox Methadone Success Stories
- Read Articles by the Director on Methadone Withdrawal
- Read Methadone Detox News
HIGH DOSE METHADONE - FLORIDA DRUG DETOX PROGRAM
GETTING OFF METHADONE: DETOX
METHADONE DEPENDENCE & PAIN MANAGEMENT
METHADONE ADDICTION & DETOX TREATMENT
OTHER METHADONE DETOX ARTICLES
MORE INFORMATION ON METHADONE
- Methadone Addiction
- Why Novus Medical Drug Detox?
- Methadone Detox
- Florida Methadone Detox
- Florida Methadone Detox
- Safer Alternative to Rapid Detox
- High Dose Methadone Detox
- High Dose Methadone Fatal Heart Attack Risk->Detox
- Florida High Dose Methadone Detox
- Florida High Dose Methadone Detox
- High Dose Methadone Detox/Rehab
- Florida Drug Detox Centers
- Canada Drug Detox
- Methadone Withdrawal
- Getting Off Methadone
- Methadone Pain Management
- The Methadone Prison
- Methadone - A Killer
- Methadone Is Not Treatment
- Methadone Addiction Treatment / Detox
- Methadone Addiction Treatment
- Methadone Addiction / Detox
- Methadone Detox Centers or Clinics?
- Methadone Clinics
- Methadone Addiction - A Killer
- Methadone Information & Facts
- Methadone History
- Methadone Detox Articles