Methadone Detox & Addiction
Why is Methadone Detox Different At Novus?
If you’ve gotten hooked on methadone while trying to get off heroin, or if you’re on methadone and don’t want to be on it or don’t feel you need it any longer...
Find out how Novus can safely and more comfortably get you through methadone detox with little pain or sickness
“Everything here was better than I ever imagined. If you want your life back, this staff will help you in any and every way possible.
“The people here showed me that there is light at the end of a dark, dark tunnel that I thought I would never make it out of. All the people—the whole staff, every single person who works here saved my life. Some people think about money and the cost to come here and decide not to. I would have paid $5000 a day to be here with people who helped get my life back. That’s how good this staff is. They really care and understand what you are going through. Thank you with all my heart.”
Do you or one of your family members need help? Call Novus now at
Ideal Detox Solution
- The ideal solution is for the heroin user or methadone user to be free of their addiction.
- The user will accomplish their heroin withdrawal or methadone withdrawal, comfortably and safely, at a medical detox center that uses natural supplements and medications as needed until they are drug free.
- The formerly addicted person, a person who has possibly suffered from methadone abuse, will go through a drug rehab program to handle any emotional or other reasons why they became addicted and develop other ways of dealing with problems in life.
- Go home drug free and with the best chance of staying that way.
The Methadone Withdrawal Problem
- Methadone side effects or heroin side effects make you less sensitive to your body’s needs and you normally become malnourished and dehydrated.
- Trying to withdraw from methadone in that condition makes your withdrawal symptoms even worse.
- Stopping methadone is difficult without help and almost no one can complete a methadone withdrawal on their own.
- Few medical detox centers know how to make methadone withdrawal less painful and many people leave because they cannot stand the pain.
- Most medical detox centers will not even attempt a high dose methadone withdrawal.
- Taking methadone while pregnant can create serious problems for the health of the baby.
- Taking methadone for pain can kill you—even if you take it as prescribed.
- There are many reasons why opiate and opiod withdrawal have not worked in the past and how Novus has solved this problem.
The Novus Methadone Detox Solution:
- Uses medicines as needed to make the methadone withdrawal more comfortable.
- Understands that most people on methadone have serious physical problems that will make methadone withdrawal even more difficult and maybe impossible.
- Uses IV's to ensure hydration and that the body gets the vitamins, amino acids and other nutrients needed to strengthen the body to make the withdrawal process more easily done.
- Provides food that gets rave reviews from our patients.
- Provides 24-hour medical supervision, continual monitoring of the patient's progress and frequent adjustments to the rate of the patient's taper in accordance with the comfort and safety of the patient.
- Uses a methadone withdrawal protocol that allows a more comfortable withdrawal from even the highest doses of methadone.
- Has a more than 90% completion rate of people who start their medical detox at Novus Medical Detox Center.
- Provides for the completion of a lower dose methadone detox in from six to eight days and even people on high doses of methadone can generally be detoxed in less than fourteen days.
- People leave on no additional drugs.
- Provides a peaceful, home-like facility located on 3.25 treed acres where patients regularly take walks or sit outside.
- Provides several designated smoking areas.
- Provides private rooms with telephone, television, DVD player and internet access.
- Click here for a comparison of Novus vs other methadone detox centers.
Do you need Methadone help? Call Novus now at
About Methadone Addiction and Methadone Treatment
- For more than 40 years methadone has been used as a substitute drug for heroin and other opiates.
- Many times heroin addicts are told that they will move to methadone for a time and then be able to stop.
- This is rarely the case because methadone is a highly addictive drug.
- In fact, most people find that their methadone dose increases over time.
- Sadly, many methadone users are “lifers”, they consider that they will never be able to get off methadone.
- Methadone addiction creates harmful effects like:
- Lowered sex drive
- Dulling of emotions
- Trouble sleeping
- Dulling of interest in things that you used to like
- Trouble concentrating
- Slowed reaction time
- If you want to understand more, read "The Methadone Prison."
- For more information view our Methadone Facts and Effects page.
- Read about the History of Methadone.
- If you are concnerned about a loved one and want to know how to talk to him, click here.
Methadone Clinics are not Methadone Detox Centers
- They are normally located in a less desirable part of town—often an hour's drive away.
- Most have to come every morning for their dose.
- People worry about car problems or being in an accident or anything that will make them miss their dose because they will then go into painful methadone withdrawals.
- Because methadone addicts cannot get high on methadone, many people frequent the areas around the methadone clinics seeking to sell other drugs like Xanax or to try to get people to go back on heroin or other narcotics like OxyContin.
- The clinics only make money by keeping you on methadone.
- Few clinics encourage methadone addicts to reduce their dosage; in fact, most encourage higher doses.
- More information and facts about Methadone Clinics
Novus can safely and more comfortably help you through methadone detox.
Call us today at
Find out about our 100% confidential treatment. Calls from friends and family are welcome.
Do you need help with methadone detox?
Call Novus now at
Methadone Detox & Addiction Resources:
HIGH DOSE METHADONE - FLORIDA DETOX PROGRAM
GETTING OFF METHADONE: DETOX
METHADONE DEPENDENCE & PAIN MANAGEMENT
METHADONE ADDICTION & DETOX TREATMENT
OTHER METHADONE DETOX ARTICLES
MORE INFORMATION ON METHADONE
- Methadone Addiction
- Why Novus Medical Drug Detox?
- Methadone Detox
- Florida Methadone Detox
- Florida Methadone Detox
- Safer Alternative to Rapid Detox
- High Dose Methadone Detox
- High Dose Methadone Fatal Heart Attack Risk->Detox
- Florida High Dose Methadone Detox
- Florida High Dose Methadone Detox
- High Dose Methadone Detox/Rehab
- Florida Drug Detox Centers
- Canada Drug Detox
- Methadone Withdrawal
- Getting Off Methadone
- Methadone Pain Management
- The Methadone Prison
- Methadone - A Killer
- Methadone Is Not Treatment
- Methadone Addiction Treatment / Detox
- Methadone Addiction Treatment
- Methadone Addiction / Detox
- Methadone Detox Centers or Clinics?
- Methadone Clinics
- Opiate Addiction & Pregnancy
- Methadone Addiction - A Killer
- Methadone Information & Facts
- Methadone History
- Methadone Detox Articles