Novus Medical Detox Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is Novus licensed as a medical detox facility?
Answer: Yes, Novus is is a medical detox facility licensed by the Florida Department of Children and Families as an inpatient medical detox facility and has to pass an extensive renewal inspection each year.
Q: Does Novus have nurses on site 24/7?
Q: Where is Novus located?
Answer: Novus is located on 3.25 acres in the Tampa Bay area, an easy 45 minute drive from the Tampa International Airport and from downtown Tampa, Florida.
Novus Drug Detox Program provides complimentary car service to pick up patients flying in to the Tampa International Airport and return them to the airport when they have completed their detox.
Q: What is included in the Novus Medical Detox Center daily rate?
Answer: Patients coming to Novus for a detox program to handle dependence or addiction to drugs or alcohol pay a single daily rate for their medical detox. The included services are:
- Medical supervision 24/7
- Private or comfortable shared room
- Delicious food and snacks available anytime
- IV's to ensure hydration and to replenish needed nutrients, amino acids and minerals
- Natural supplements
- Medications used for the alcohol detox or drug detox.
The only additional charges are for personal items that are not related to your medical detox.
For more information please Call our Admissions Counselors at .
Q: Do you use medications to help your patients detox?
Answer: Yes. Novus is a licensed medical detox facility.
Q: Does Novus only use medications?
Answer: No. Novus takes a two-pronged approach:
- Our first prong is to use medications to help you safely and more comfortably complete your drug detox or alcohol detox.
- Our second prong is the use of natural supplements and adequate hydration to ensure that your body recovers its strength and is better able to deal with the stress of withdrawal.
Q. Why has Novus developed this two-pronged approach to detox?
Answer: It works better. Experience has taught us that for a drug detox or alcohol detox to be successful, you need to treat the whole person. We provide:
- A quiet, peaceful environment
- A home-like setting
- Delicious food
- A caring staff
- 24/7 medical supervision
- Vitamin, mineral and amino acid IV drips, natural vitamins and herbs.
Unlike some other unlicensed facilities, at Novus these medications and natural remedies are available 24/7.
Q: Will I be given medication to prevent pain, discomfort or sickness?
For more information Please call our Admissions Counselors.
Q: How do I know if I need a medical detox at Novus?
Answer: Both a “cold turkey” and too rapid withdrawal from drugs or alcohol are successful less than 5% of the time. You need a medical detox:
- Because if you just stop drinking alcohol or just stop taking certain drugs, or try to reduce the dosage too rapidly, it can be:
- Very dangerous
- In some cases fatal
- In almost all cases very uncomfortable.
- Because you want an experienced and knowledgeable medical team to design the protocol that gives you the best opportunity to more comfortably and safely go through withdrawal.
- Because your know that most people are unable to safely detox from benzodiazepines, alcohol and some other drugs unless they are in a medically supervised environment with a carefully designed detoxification program.
- Because you want the security of doing your drug detox or alcohol detox:
- Under 24/7 medical care
- In a private or comfortable shared room
- In a home-like setting
- Eating delicious food on your schedule
- In an environment where our patients repeatedly comment that our staff really cares about them.
- Because you want the best chance to complete your withdrawal—90% + of the people who come to Novus complete their drug detox or alcohol detox.
Q: Do you accept insurance?
Answer: Novus does accept certain insurances as payment for its services. If you have out-of-network insurance coverage for drug detox or alcohol detox , your insurance company may cover your stay, at least in part, assuming medical necessity is met.
Q: Do you provide financing?
Answer: Novus has made arrangements with medical finance companies who can make loans to qualifying patients prior to their admission to cover the cost of their drug detox or alcohol detox at Novus Medical Detox Center.
For more information Please call our Admissions Counselors
Q: Other detoxes tell me exactly how many days my detox will take. Why can't Novus?
Answer: Most other detox facilities use a standard protocol that is the same for everyone. While we can give you a range of days, the length of your drug detox or alcohol detox is really determined by how you are doing from day to day. Our average stay at Novus Medical Detox Center is between six to seven days. Of course, a drug detox or alcohol detox can take more or less time because the actual length of time needed depends:
- On the age and health of the individual patient
- On the substance(s) from which the patient is being detoxed
- On the length of time the person has taken the drug(s) or drank alcohol
- On the amount of the drugs(s) or alcohol the patient has been using
- On the frequency the person is using the drug(s) or alcohol
- Whether the drug detox or alcohol detox is going too fast or too slow—almost every patient at Novus will have their detox slowed down or speeded up at least once while they are at Novus based on how the patient is doing.
For more information please call our Admissions Counselors at .
Q: Is Novus also a rehab facility?
Answer: No. Novus Medical Detox Center is a drug detox and alcohol detox facility. However, Novus has been very successful in educating our patients who need further treatment and assisting them to make the decision to go to a rehab program. For more information click here.
Q: How do I know my confidentiality will be protected?
Answer: A very comprehensive pair of federal laws strictly protect the confidentiality of patients undergoing a drug detox at Novus Medical Detox Center; these laws are much more stringent than those applying to a hospital. We are a medical facility and your detox program, your personal and medical records and your identity are not revealed to anyone without your written authorization.
Q: Is there any other way that the Novus detox program differs from other detox programs?
Q: What will my accommodations be like at Novus?
Answer: Each Novus patient has:
- A private or comfortable shared room
- High speed internet access
- A telephone with voice mail in your room
- A television with a DVD player in your room
- A home-like setting
- A serene environment on 3 acres.
For more information
Please Call our Admissions Counselors
Q: Why should I go to Novus for my detox and not a rapid (under anesthesia) detox facility?Answer: For a table comparing Novus Medical Detox Center with rapid (under anesthesia) detox, click here. If you would like more information see the June 21, 2007 Novus Newsletter.
Q: I still have questions about my drug or alcohol detox program. How do I get answers?
Answer: Please call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.